About Parmak's History
The word "Electronics" first appeared in the dictionary in 1940, nineteen years after Parker McCrory started making "Precision Electronic Equipment."
Established in 1921, Parker McCrory Mfg. Co., began manufacturing highly specialized farm radios and wind chargers. The "Super Parmak" radio manufactured in the early 20`s is classified as an antique and is sought after by antique radio collectors worldwide. At a recent auction a "Super Parmak" radio manufactured in 1925 in original working condition sold for several thousand dollars.
Parker McCrory Mfg. Co., is proud of its` contribution to the early American farmers. The Parmak Wind Charger which generated electricity from wind, provided electrical power for the first time to thousands of farms. The Parmak Wind Charger is on permanent display at the Agricultural Hall of Fame, Bonner Springs, Kansas.
In the early 1930`s Parker McCrory pioneered the electric fencing industry. Parmak has grown to become the worlds oldest and largest volume manufacturer of electric fence chargers with worldwide distribution. Through the years Parmak has originated every major advancement in electric fencing such as the world`s first solid-state electric fencer in 1958 and America`s first solar powered fencer in 1979, etc. Parker McCrory continues to be the industry leader in innovation and has earned the reputation of being the highest quality electric fencer on the market.
On December 14, 1999, Parker McCrory Mfg. Co., Kansas City, MO., and Baygard® Electric Fence Products Co., Toronto, announced that Parker McCrory Mfg. Co., has acquired Baygard Electric Fence Products, a division of Bay Mills Limited.
With Parmak’s acquisition of Baygard, Parmak further expands it’s leadership in the electric fence market by offering it’s customers a complete line of top quality fencing products including electric fence chargers, Baygard wire and tape, electric fence insulators, portable electric fence posts and other fence accessories.